Earth Pride UV Coatable
Earth Pride UV Coatable inks were developed with the environmentally conscious printer in mind. EP UV Coatable inks have the same characteristics as our Earth Pride Tuff Skuff, but contain bleed resistant pigments to meet the requirements of printing designed to be solvent laminated, UV coated, aqueous coated, or foil stamped. They have exceptional press stability and provide excellent scuff and rub resistance. EP UV Coatable inks can also be used in many Laser printing applications. Ask for our “Laser Bulletin” with printing procedures and recommendations for laser applications.
Earth Pride UV Coatable inks are designed for the commercial sheetfed and folding carton printer who wants one ink line for multiple applications.
Product features and benefits
- Formulated with a special blend of vegetable oils, the Earth Pride UV coatable inks offer low levels of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- Inks have exceptional press stability, provide high gloss and excellent scuff and rub resistance on a variety of label and board substrates without the need for a topcoat.
- Inks are suitable for a wide variety of paper substrates, as well as synthetic and foil stocks1.
- The inks’ moderate lightfastness makes them ideal for folding carton and label applications (Ultralightfast pigments are available).
- Inks are laser safe on all laser approved stock. Refer to our “Laser Bulletin” for printing procedures and recommendations.
- Compatible with most coating and lamination processes.
- The inks are press-ready — additives are rarely necessary. However, if faster drying is required, Litho Dry (601V12342) may be added press-side (use: 1/4 to 1/2 ounce per pound of ink if necessary).
Process ink shades comply with the specifications set forth for SWOP, GRACoL and ISO 2846.
Earth Pride UV Coatable mixing bases contain bleed resistant pigments to meet the requirements of printing designed to be solvent laminated, UV coated, aqueous coated or foil stamped. Due to the nature of the automotive type pigments used in the Earth Pride UV Coatable, some inks matched with these special pigments may not match perfectly to the Pantone Color Guide or to custom blended color swatches.
Disclaimer: The technical information presented on our data sheets is correct to the best of our knowledge. Due to variations in substrates and other variables in the printing process beyond the control of the ink maker, we recommend the product be tested before application. Final determination for the performance is the sole responsibility of the user. The data presented is not to be interpreted as a warranty or guarantee as conditions of application could affect performance.